COVID Gym Updates
Last updated 6/16/2020
At 11:00am on Friday, May 15th, we will reactivate the fingerprint scanner to the door. The following are some changes you should be aware of:
Phase 1 Changes
- Maximum current capacity = 13 people
- Non-members and personal trainers are prohibited from entering
- Towel service has been suspended
- No one under 18 allowed, even with an adult present
Phase 2 Changes (effective Friday, June 5th)
- Maximum capacity = 26 people
- Towel service has been suspended.
- Minors may use the gym with an adult present inside the fitness center.
- We have closed some cardio equipment to allow for proper social distancing.
- Please self-enforce distancing at the free weights. We have removed two benches from the area to help reduce traffic.
- Some equipment may be removed to help enforce sanitization guidelines.
- Members over 65, or those with health conditions are encouraged to take appropriate precautions for themselves. If you do not feel comfortable using the gym, then please refrain from doing so.
- If you are feeling unwell for any reason, DO NOT use the gym.
- Wash your hands following proper hand washing techniques
Wipe-Use-Wipe the machines you use:
- Wipe the machine before use with a sanitizer wipe
- Use the machine as you normally would
- Wipe the machine again (with a fresh wipe) to remove your germs
- Use a mask if you feel appropriate. If you are wearing gloves, ensure you put on a fresh pair upon entering the facility and dispose of them properly upon exiting the facility
- Be courteous to your fellow gym-goers. Do not crowd the free weights, do not intrude on other's space, cover your cough/sneeze, etc.
Our staff has enhanced our cleaning schedule which will hit all touch points in the Sports Complex several times during Pro Shop hours, however, you should help keep UC clean and take appropriate precautions for yourself.
Director of the Sports Complex
The University Club